Monday 7 May 2018

A Year of Projects Update - week 45

I'm not completely sure what happened the last 2 weeks.  Last week time just got completely away from me.  We weren't particularly busy but I ran out of time.  This week my husband hd the laptop so I couldn't blog yesterday.  Anyway, what have I been up to?

FO's
I finished Thomas's socks last week.  These are basically the blueberry waffle socks knit in the Knitting Goddess Tiger feet. I shall be starting Daniel's soon.
I have also pretty much finished my first pair of mitts.  I unfortunately missed a couple of increases, so the thumb hole is a little tight but I am hoping I might be able to block them rather than rip back, but I shall sort that out later.

WIP's 
This all meant I only have one active WIP on my needles (what...?)  My Quiet Stars by Joji.  This is coming along lovely, but I feel it is going to take a little while now.

I do have 2 old WIP's which I am going to try to progress with soon - honestly!
However, this means I need to cast on more!  I have decided to put the next socks (magnolia) by Helen Stewart on hold for a moment and instead jump back in next month.  I have instead cast on some shortie socks for myself.
I am also going to cast on a market bag out of the leftover Lyonese from my Zinone.  In addition I have put the yarn to one side to knit Daniel a pair of gloves for Christmas - he tells me he wants fingers!

We have been enjoying another warm spell here in the UK.  This is unusual for a bank holiday weekend but we are not complaining.  I have been watching the Green Bean podcast by the lady that illustrates the Pom Pom magazines and she has inspired my to get my sketchpads back out and do some drawing.  I used to draw quite a bit, but haven't done it for ages.  So to kick start this I signed up to 2, 31 day drawing challenges with Creativebug. Daniel is joining me and so far we are keeping up nicely.  We are going to Tilgate today - a local park with an animal centre, so we will take our drawing materials - I may share next week.
I also made some summerfruit jam - I found the fruit in the deepest darkest depths of the freezer so thought I would do something useful with it!

3 comments:

  1. Love the 'tiger' socks...too cute and great for your boys. The mittens are so cool. I hope you can fix the thumb issue. They look gorgeous. My quiet stars looks complicated from here. Summertime Fruit Jam....how great is that and tasty too, I bet. I've been trying to use up what's in my freezers (yes, I have 2). Only one WIP? I could send you some of mine as I have lots of them! Plenty to share...lol! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mitts look fantastic. Jam? Yum. Yes time to cast on more projects. Monogamous knitting only lasts so long. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your finished socks for Thomas. And those mittens are beautiful. I hope you can block the thumb to fit better. And I hope you share some of your sketches. How fun that you share this activity with your son.

    ReplyDelete