Sunday 3 September 2017

A Year of Projects Update - Week 10

The summer is nearly over here.  It's been a bit of a whirlwind this year, but I wouldn't change a thing, we have had a brilliant time.  I go back to work tomorrow, but the boys and Darren are off to Howletts, which is a wildlife park about an hour away.  I will miss them tomorrow :-(

Anyway to the knitting!
FO's
I finished my August socks on the last day of the month.  These are the Spattergroit socks by the Knotty gnome and the colourway is the first surprise club yarn by Little French Meadow in the Up, Up and Away colourway.
I can also show my test knit - Wildflower Honey by Knitterarium (I think I could show it before but better be safe!).
I have also made a few skirts and tops, but they are not photographed yet so I will report on that in a later post.
WIP's
This has been a week of sleeves.
I finished one sleeve on Breathing Space, so I am nearly done with this one.
I also knit a sleeve on my Christmas jumper.  This is John Arbon Knit by Numbers and I love this yarn, it is so soft and warm.
I am hoping to cast on the body today.
I have also cast on my next pair of socks, which is going to be my Christmas socks.  Yarn is Mothy and the Squid - candy cane.
And I have wound my yarn for my September socks (sorry the pic is upside down!)  This is Hedgehog fibres in the arcade colourway and the pattern I will knit is the next one in the Knotty Gnomes collection.
Acquisitions
My last surprise club package came last month and it was stunning.

I didn't sign up to the next one as I had bought the advent package.  I will probably buy the surprise club in the new year again.
I also bought some Blacker Yarns Lyonesse so that I can knit a second Zinone.
And that, is that!  Please visit the group in Ravelry to see what everyone has been up to.  Link is on the side bar.

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow .. isn't your latest acquisition beautiful. Your socks look great too. I'm so envious of all you clever ladies who are able to knit socks. We are just starting to experience some warm weather here and I must say I will be happy to see the end of winter. Its been quite cold this year and because I feel the cold so much, I've had the heating in the house at around 18-20 degrees 24/7. Cost me a fortune!! Enjoy your week. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. That latest acquisition is indeed stunning. I love all your socks and as soon as I finish this test knit for Knitterarium I will have to cast on a pair - there are just so many fantastic sock patterns to choose from aren't there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lucy! I love all the socks!!! Oh Christmas socks...I can only think of Mr. Bean whenever I say that...summer is pretty much over here too. It's not normal for us, usually it's hot from May to October...but this year, we had maybe a month of summer weather. Oh well, bring on Autumn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your FO's are great. I really like the sleeve with the wrist design. So pretty. Your new yarn from the club is gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing the tops and skirts you have sewn up. I always like the patterns you pick for sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a unique sock pattern and such pretty yarn for it! Love the Wildflower Honey socks and I might give them a go as I love the pattern. Your Breathing Space gets prettier every time you show it and just in time for Fall. Your Christmas jumper is so pretty with your lovely colorwork. I have heard nothing but good things about John Arbon yarns. Look at all your pretty yarns too...I'll have to look into the Knotty Gnomes collection; I've never heard of it. Glad you had such a great Summer and here's to a happy Fall too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your socks! The yarn colors are so fun. And your sleeves - they are great too. :) Breathing Space is so close to being finished! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your socks are gorgeous Lucy and I can't wait to see the Candy Cane ones, are you knitting those as part of the Stranded Works Podcast festive kal? I love the colours in your Breathing Space, that is going to be gorgeous! Best of luck going back to work tomorrow, this summer seems to have flown by so quickly!

    ReplyDelete