Sunday 18 September 2016

A Year of Projects Update - week 12

I've managed to miss another week.  What with Goodwood and work, I ran out of time!
I have no FO's this week, but I have several projects that are almost there, so hopefully. next week...

WIP's
 I'm coming along very nicely with my tequila sunrise socks.  I am following Susan B Anderson's smooth operator pattern, and so have done an afterthought heel.  I am overly happy with my Kitchener stitch!  I have always winged it a bit with Kitchener (all it would have really taken was a glance at You tube of course), but I followed Susan's instructions and it was a breeze and look at it... You can't even see the join - I am very chuffed!  I probably wouldn't do an afterthought again though, I like the fish lips too much.
 I also started Daniel's hat, in a lovely soft Malabrigo worsted, the pattern is a simple cuffed hat.
I have also made great progress with my sock blank socks.  Pattern is the blueberry waffle, toe up with a fish lips kiss heel.  I am about to do the heel on the second sock.  No second sock syndrome with these as knitting with this blank is lovely.
I have made some progress on my Christmas jumper and nearly finished my next sheep but I will post those next week.

And that's all for this week. Hopefully I should be all back to normal next week and finally get around to catching up with all of the YOP posts.  Click the link on the side to catch them all.

10 comments:

  1. Great progress there :) I like the after thought heel. Your kitchener stitch looks very need indeed. I always have to follow instructions every time I try to do kitchener as I can never remember it. The hat is looking good, I am sure there will be lots of wear out of it, it looks like a nice yarn to knit up. The blueberry waffle socks are turning out a treat too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful progress this week. I like those grey heels with those summer colors. I use this Youtube video to guide me on the Kitchener. I have always had problems with donkey ears on the ends of the toe for example. She skips the prep and when there's two stitches left on the needles, she just takes them out and tugs on the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am one of the few thay really likes the kitchner stitch. It has such a great rhythm to it. Your after thought heelmis cute but I too, like the fish kiss heel. Your blue socks are soooo pretty. Can't wait to see next weeks progress on your items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am one of the few thay really likes the kitchner stitch. It has such a great rhythm to it. Your after thought heelmis cute but I too, like the fish kiss heel. Your blue socks are soooo pretty. Can't wait to see next weeks progress on your items.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gray contrast on those socks! I liked the colorful stripes, but that gray takes these socks to a whole new level. Can't wait to see them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colorway of your smooth operator socks. I love those colors together. Your sock blank socks are beautiful too! Good job on the kitchener stitch. I have to follow youtube step by step to do it and so far have only successfully did it on two socks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you on the fish lips heel. I love it too. I just made a sock with a fleegle heel and I really like the fit of it.
    You have made great progress this week - well done on avoiding the second sock syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you on the fish lips heel. I love it too. I just made a sock with a fleegle heel and I really like the fit of it.
    You have made great progress this week - well done on avoiding the second sock syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Smooth Operator socks! I should have never strayed from Susan's pattern as I am having problems with mine. Your kitchener is lovely and personally I have never had a problem but I always watch Susan's video to remind me before I start. I wish I could knit wool for my grands but I know they would end up in the dryer....ruined. Do wool mittens "felt" when they get wet and you bring them in to dry over a radiator or fireplace mantel? Just curious. Love the orange/red yarn for Daniel's hat. I can't wait to get a sock blank! I wish I could get one with stars...love stars! You get so much done...very inspiring! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your smooth operator socks are wonderful. She has the best patterns.

    ReplyDelete