Sunday 22 May 2016

A Year of Projects Update - week 47

We have all been a little under the weather this week.  But it hasn't stopped the crafting.
FO's
I finished my no nylon socks in the Knitting Goddess Wensleydale and Polwarth.  I followed the blueberry waffle pattern for the first time and this was lovely, nice and easy but interesting.  I also did a fish lips kiss heel and did a rounded toe.
I also finished my peeping cowl by Joji Locatelli.  I loved this pattern and the yarn is devine (a merino cashmere blend) - I'm looking forward to being able to wear this.

WIP's
As a result my WIP's are the same and I have not worked on them.  I have the Donder and blitzen hat, Thomas's second sock and Boxy to work on this week.  I have wound my yarn to cast on my second sock club sock - Dalez (as I don't want to not have a sock otn!)

Acquisitions
Every year I say to myself I will not do the outfit along with Andi Satterland, and every year I change my mind.  This year is no exception.  She has just released Zinone to go with the outfit along and I love it, so I have ordered yarn ( a lovely BFL/silk from Eden Cottage) and will be going to Brighton to get some fabric in a couple of weeks to make a second Dominique skirt to go with it.

To join us or to follow what the group is up to, please come over here.

2 comments:

  1. I've been hearing lots about the blueberry waffle sock and yours Lucy is gorgeous. I just love your peeping cowl! What a fantastic knit. I hope you are all better and I can't wait to see what you will make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Peeping Cowl looks so cool, Lucy. I was liking the colors in the first photo, and then in the second photo they look different, but I like them too! At first I wondered if they were two different (but similar cowls). But they are the same one, yes? If I could wear anything that snug around my neck I'd be looking forward to cold weather and wearing it too.

    ReplyDelete