Sunday 7 June 2015

A Year of Projects Update - week 49


As predicted, my progress has slowed this week.
However, I have made good progress on my shawl - I now only need to do the lace edge and bind off.




I also started and completed a steeking KAL.  This was the first time I have done a steek and I was quite scared to start with, but this was a small project and I used the recommended yarn (Rowan felted tweed), so it was nice and sticky. It went well and not nearly as scary as I thought, but not sure I would be able to do it on a piece that I had invested more time and money on.  We will see!!

I've done a couple of rows on my socks but nothing else to report, so will go to visit the others!!  Find us here.

9 comments:

  1. Your shawl is looking great and is really coming along it will be finished in no time at all. The steaking project looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shawl!
    Steaking is like the Mt. Everest of knitting. I admire those of you who dare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to practice steeking before that big project. If I ever do it I know I will be scared...very scared! Good for you!
    The shawl is lovely and I like the color too. Your boys are so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shawl ;)
    EEEK steek! One day I will attempt that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shawl lace looks good. I think that was smart to start off on a small steeking project. I'm not sure where you steeked and why but that is something I'd do to get me off. I can understand the trepidation of doing this technique on a garment for example.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You shawl is so lovely and lacey. I am proud of you for learning to steek. I have not ever done it and am afraid of even trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You shawl is so lovely and lacey. I am proud of you for learning to steek. I have not ever done it and am afraid of even trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lover your shawl. I'm a fool for lace, and I find that I get more wear out of shallow shawls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful lace on that shawl.

    Well done on learning to steek - I've never attempted it and have always been kind of anxious about trying...

    ReplyDelete