Monday 7 April 2014

Miss Winkle - the conclusion

Well she is finished!!
I got to 35 loops and had the tiniest ball of yarn left, so I decided not to risk a last loop!
Then there was the blocking - I had thought a stake but forgot to buy new ones when we went to the garden centre and thought an old one wasn't really the thing to do.  In the end I went with some childrens golf clubs - as you do - they were the only tubes of the right size I could find.


Anyway, she's lovely and here she is











Of course, I cannot take good pictures of myself wearing garments - so I found a willing model!!  I think he wears it well!
I have really enjoyed this knit-along.  It was organised by Sarah of Crafts from the Cwtch - please check the link for more Winkles!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your little model - very cute! And the golf club? Ingenious! I am really pleased you enjoyed the knitalong, it was lovely to have you taking part :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys have all taken to disappearing now when this sort of opportunity turns up! Your Miss Winkle looks lovely, such a pretty colour!

    ReplyDelete