Sunday 7 August 2016

A Year of Projects Update - week 6






I can't believe it is week 6 already.  I have a little progress this week.

FO's
I have finished Daniels Scooby socks but didn't photograph them before I travelled to my mums so have no pic yet.

WIP's
I have made lots of progress on Buchanan although you can't really see it here.  It is in my new project bag whipped up by myself!  I am hoping to finish this this week - I have joined the sleeves and am about to start the yoke colourwork. 
I have also made progress on my socks - again I hope to finish these this weekend then I will cast on a pair with my sock blank.

Acquisitions
I received these lovelies from Owl about yarn this week and my new Pompom magazine.  The sock yarn is my first sparkle yarn I can't wait to use.  The little notions pouch is in the new project bag above. I did also become enamoured with something I saw on the knitting expat podcast, and that is a Bogway hand spinner.  It should be arriving here this week so I will tell you how that goes.
Hope everyone has a great week, I will hopefully, have more photos next week!

18 comments:

  1. I don't know why, but I can't see your photos. Not sure if it's just my computer or blogspot playing up. I'll pop back later and see if they turn up. I really want to see your socks progress and the new acquisitions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They aren't coming up for me either. Lots of process though. Can't wait to see your new hand spinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can't wait to see the Scooby-Doo Socks!!! How fun!! Sparkle yarn is so exciting. I ordered my first but won't be here till next month. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make that 4 of us that can not see your photos. But your descriptions of them sound wonderful. Cant wait to see sparkled socks made from your new yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make that 4 of us that can not see your photos. But your descriptions of them sound wonderful. Cant wait to see sparkled socks made from your new yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooohhhhh your project bag you "whipped" up is fantastic. The Buchanan is coming along very well. The new yarn is a fantastic color and will make gorgeous socks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooohhhhh your project bag you "whipped" up is fantastic. The Buchanan is coming along very well. The new yarn is a fantastic color and will make gorgeous socks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors you're using in your Buchanan. And how cute is that project bag you made!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the blue peeking out of your project bag. Very nice cheery color. Also that project bag is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oo pretty sparkle yarn, looking forward to seeing what you make with it. I think the stronger colours work much better for sparkle, I think it's the greater contrast. I've had some yarns that are paler and the sparkle just doesn't show up as much

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see the photos now. The project bags are gorgeous, just love those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The project bag is great. Nice to have pretty bags to carry pretty projects. Can't wait to see the scooby socks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to see the scooby socks and Buchanan when done. Love the project bag and the acquisitions

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful yarn!!! I've knit with sparkle yarn twice and both times I was delightfully surprised at how much sparkle added sparkle to my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love sparkle yarn, I have some to make myself a sweater with eventually. I can't wait to see more of your colorwork project.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sparkle yarn is lots of fun! Love the fabrics...

    ReplyDelete