Tuesday 3 February 2015

Socks!

I thought I would document my first foray into knitting gorgeous socks that I am actually really quite pleased with!
So at the end of December, I joined a mkal with the Maria Rosa Knits Away group on Ravelry.  There were going to be 4 clues released every Wednesday through January.

My yarn was a super soft cash sock from Mellifera yarn in Rain.
I have never tried taat socks and I was a little confused by the idea of doing them with 2 long circular needles, so I decided to buy five more Dpn's in size 2mm and use those as I was familiar with them.
Toes went well and fast!!  Looking at the other posts I soon realised how the two circular needles worked - so next time...












The foot section slowed me down a little, but doing taat was definitely speedier than one at a time.

The heel was a fleegle heel, which I had never tried before.  Loved it - it looked a little odd on the needles, but having tried them on now they feel lovely and fit perfectly.

The leg section seemed to be never ending but then all of a sudden it came together and they were done.  I love them - they fit, they are soft and they are a lovely colour.
So there you go - first completed project to reduce my stash (of patterns - I had signed up before Christmas and yarn)



Next project to reduce the stash was going to be See You There - but think I may go for Samantha
by Amy Miller.
Linking with Snapdragon crafts and KCCO

8 comments:

  1. They are lovely. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them - gorgeous pattern and lovely colour. Isn't it great to finish something?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your socks! It sounds like you enjoyed making this pattern. I'm starting a sock knit along for beginners. Knitting socks is one of my favorite. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking socks! I hope to try making TAAT socks this spring myself; wish me luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a fabulous pattern. I wish I could do toe-up but I can't get the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! You go on this success. I'd do the DPN way too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! You go on this success. I'd do the DPN way too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a nice-looking pattern! I've suddenly found that my Ravelry queue is getting much longer these days ... :-) xx

    ReplyDelete